Personal Musings

This blog is intended to be just a jumble of thoughts that hit me and need not necessarily mean anything.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kerala, India

Water flows ...

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Netaholic? Guilty as charged

Well, at last, I have it found out . I am a compulsive netaholic.

How did I find out? I was out of net because of cable fault. For 5 days, I was roaming around not able to know where the problem was. In all these 5 days, I was getting completely out of tune. I slept for 12+ hours for 2 days. Nothing was working for me. I was getting highly irritated at my net condition. I think all these add up to only one thing. The feeling being said by ppl regarding high addiction.

So how do I feel now? I have my net connection at last. I can do my stuff with network. Happy. No... Happy is not the right word. Elated? may be... Exalted.... I dont know. Satiated... Definitely.

What do I do about it, now that I know I am suffering from the disease? This is what I read a couple of days ago. Remember the saying "There is a thin line between genius and insane". Scientists found out that there is in fact a gene which is responsible for higher intelligence, and which is also responsible for schizophrenia. So should the people having this particular gene be called sick (with schizophrenia)? Or should they be simply called great geniuses? I think my disease is not something I have to worry about. Who knows, someday we may find some gene responsible for compulsive addicts? But, who cares?
Hakuna Mataata.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home